EnerCorp – Grand Prairie, Canada
EnerCorp is currently seeking a CNC Operator. This position is located in Grande Prairie and is a non-rotational Shop Position.
You will be responsible for developing software programs that direct CNC (computer numerically controlled) machines to cut and shape metal to produce components. Using 3-dimensional computer designs (CAD models) and/or blueprints that define the configuration of the required component, CNC Programmers use CAM (computer-aided manufacturing) software programs to generate the program code that guides CNC machines to perform machining operations which result in precise finished components – efficiently and safely.
A CNC Programmer uses CAM software such as Mastercam to generate program code that controls the operations of a CNC machine.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Program CNC machinery as required.
- Operate CNC machines with FANUC controls.
- Fulfill training programs deemed necessary to allow efficient performance of duties.
- Work to specific customer drawings and specifications with minimum supervision.
- Complete routine generated work order requests.
- Generating /editing CNC Programs
- Loading/unloading parts from CNC machine
- Measuring parts using micrometers and recording measurement on QC sheet
- Operating and monitoring manual or electronic production equipment
- Performing routine sampling to ensure product meets quality of standards
- Follow the program code to perform a series of machining operations (rough cutting, finish cutting, shaping, pocketing, profiling, turning, drilling, tapping, threading, etc.) to produce the required components.
Education & Experience
- Alberta Certified Journeyman or Interprovincial Red Seal in Machinist trade an asset.
- 3-5 years programming experience, (Fabrication Shop environment preferred).
- Experience with the SPC 3000 CNC Pipe cutting Machine an asset
- Strong experience with FANUC controls is required.
- Highly developed organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
- Strong team player skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
- Sensitive to issues of confidentiality and compliance
- Ability to complete all work in compliance with Alberta legislation, regulations and site policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to work in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety guidelines.
Share this Job Post
Submit Your Resume
If you are interested in this position please fill in the form provided.
Return to Job Profiles