EnerCorp – Clairmont, AB | Full Time
EnerCorp Sand Solutions is a private equity sponsored oilfield services company with operations in Canada and the United States. EnerCorp specializes in providing its customers sand filtration and sand management technologies / services, and custom fabrication. We are committed to delivering high quality specialty products and services, on budget, on time, and exceeding customer expectations while providing a safe and excellent working environment for our employees. EnerCorp Sand Solutions provides the largest sand management solutions rental asset base and manufacturing capabilities in North America.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Quality Control Manager (QCM) helps to direct and manage all personnel under the Quality Control (QC) department, as well as the inspection of facilities, quality control and quality assurance (QA). Accountable for the successful functioning of the QC and QA in the company and assuring compliance with manufacturing codes and updates. Responsible for developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients, suppliers and subcontractors. The QCM works closely with ABSA, BCSA, Engineering, Drawing, Purchasing, Production and Field Services, as well as maintains close liaison and cooperates with representatives of all other departments of the company. Duties of this position must be performed with a clear focus on safety, quality and gratification to meet not only the satisfaction of our customers but also the core values of the company.
- Examine all information and instructions received from within the company and customers, subcontractors, suppliers, and incorporate requirements into company documents.
- Serve as liaison with customers, customer’s inspectors, suppliers, sub-contractors, provincial and Federal Government inspection representatives, and any other regulatory body pursuant to the maintenance of quality standards, programs or requirements; providing advise/consultation.
- Arrange, NDT and hydrostatic tests. Arrange to qualify and obtain all the necessary paperwork for welders, welding operator, welding procedure qualification records as required.
- Manage all duties of quality control inspection including material, dimensional, welding, NDT inspections accepting or rejecting questionable or unsatisfactory conditions in materials or workmanship or referring to higher authority for decision making.
- Advise and assist the QC staff and others in the interpretation and application of standards, codes, and specifications.
- Maintain close contact and cooperating with production supervision and others in obtaining production accuracy and quality of work.
- Maintain inspection QC and QA procedures and equipment at satisfactory level and good working order.
- Stay informed of current and anticipated work activities and plan for inspection and QA, QC work accordingly.
- Compile data record information and prepare and issue reports as directed or considered necessary or desirable.
- Advise and assist in the selection, training, appraising and development of NDT inspection, QA, QC personnel and methods and procedures.
- Maintain all procedures, QA/QC manuals up-to-date.
- Keep all certificates of authorization, code stamps, welder qualification up-to-date.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and direct inspection, NDT, QA, QC activities towards company objectives of Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Keep Fabrication Manager informed of inspections activities and/or development and arising there from.
- Assist in the design of pressure vessels, Sand Filters, and other pressure retaining components in accordance with the codes and provincial regulations.
Education, Training and Experience
- Must have a minimum of 7 years experience in a Quality Control environment and at least 5 years in a Management role.
- Possess adequate qualifications to meet the requirement to be a lead auditor.
- Must have ABSA/ASME auditing experience.
- CWB welding supervision certification is a bonus.
- Engineering degree or Bachelor’s degree preferable.
- Recognized courses/training/experiences in ASME sect. VIII, Quality Control and welding NDT.
- Experience in reading, deciphering and reviewing fabrication drawings, customer specifications and creating QC data books is imperative.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Excellent and proven organizational skills in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work environment.
- Identify, address and resolve issues and problems as or before they occur.
- Ability to conform ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Sections 1 to Section IX, ASME B31.1, B31.3, B31.5, CSA B51, B52 and National Board Code for manufacturing and field work.
- Ability to move the company QC and QA to be in compliance with CSA Z 662 and Quality Systems.
Physical and Safety Requirements
- Required to sit, stand and walk regularly. Willing to climb to heights of less than 10 feet, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl under and around equipment.
- Ability to occasionally lift office products or material up to 50lbs.
- The employee must be adaptable to the unique work conditions that could consist of long and irregular hours to meet multiple deadlines.
- Pass the required drug screen as well as Drivers’ Abstract.
- Willing to travel to job sites as required.
- Must have attention to detail and deadline-oriented.
- Self-starter who thinks of innovative, faster yet safe ways to accomplish tasks.
- Flexible and able to adapt to our dynamic environment.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- May require work to be performed in wet or humid conditions, near moving mechanical parts, and around vibration, loud noise, potential of fumes or airborne particles, and varying outdoor weather conditions.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional ethics and integrity when representing the company. The employee must follow company policies and adhere to company standards of quality.
- Maintain an “above approach” lifestyle that reflects the company’s values. Teamwork. Caring. Integrity. Work Ethic.
Share this Job Post
Submit Your Resume
If you are interested in this position please fill in the form provided.
Return to Job Profiles