WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING AN APPRENTICE SUB ARC WELDER WITH A MINIMUM ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE TO START IMMEDIATELY.
(Sorry no contractors at this time, Employee only) This position is in our Clairmont shop and is a non-rotational, permanent position. Applicant must have Sub Arc Experience and SAW ABSA Ticket.
Reporting to the Shop Manager, the Sub Arc Vessel Welder will fit, align, and weld vessels that meet ABSA and EnerCorp’s standards. You will be able to read drawings and fit correctly without rework. Must be skilled to pass x-ray welds and visual welds. You must have experience producing quality work with a close attention to detail in order to meet or exceed our customer’s needs. You will have a positive attitude towards safety and will adhere to and respect the EnerCorp Company Values.
- Accurately read and interpret drawings
- Understand welding symbols
- Work with little or no supervision
- Accurately calculate heat input
- Able to trouble shoot and perform light repairs to Sub Arc machine
- Understand various codes pertaining to Sub Arc
- Must have a thorough understanding of all aspects of Sub Arc operation
- Be on time and ready for work each day
- An existing Sub Arc ticket would be an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Physically able to climb up or down from vessels, climb ladders and scaffold
- Read measurements, use any tool or measuring devise required
- Good work ethic
- Willing to learn
- Possess excellent communication, organizational and people skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work overtime
Share this Job Post
Submit Your Resume
If you are interested in this position please fill in the form provided.
Return to Job Profiles